5/4/13

The Beginning

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7582193/?claim=ndmx5e9skf2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>















                                                                    















    I've always been a restless soul, hunting for the next anything to make me feel ALIVE. As a younger girl I would make lists constantly, a habit that I continue today. I would write lists about where I wanted to go, what I wanted to see, the people I wanted to meet, and I would photograph everything. I permanently had a disposable camera with me, and  I have one inside of my bag at this moment. When I got to high school I remember crying to my Mom, full of wanderlust, saying, "something was missing, something in me was aching to experience a new life, to create a world of my own." After attending college in small-town Wisconsin for two semesters, I packed up my bags and took to the skies, headed to California. By this time photographing had already become my outlet, my way to express myself, to show how I saw the world. Photographing is that THING, the thing that I can't explain, the thing that sets my soul on fire. In the past year I have grown into myself more than any other. With my camera in hand I have photographed some of my favorite clothing lines, been flown across the country to capture total strangers and musicians, documented my friends and family in their happiest moments, seen love grow and change through my lens, chased that ever-changing Wild Sun I so long for, and never let myself forget my passions and my blessings. Two weeks ago I packed up my bags yet again and followed the unfamiliar road to Portland Oregon. Who knows how long I'll stay put, but I know it will be quite the adventure. 

Here are some of my favorite photographs that I have taken in the past year . 

Please enjoy.

No comments :

Post a Comment