1/15/14

Tonight.


   I was driving at dusk, dodging crookedly parked cars and hurried drivers on a busy Portland street, when I came to a red light. As I mumbled impatiently to myself, I looked over at the little drive-through coffee shop that I often desperately peel into to get my caffeine fix on the way to work. The dimly lit shop signaled that they had just closed their doors, and there was two shadows inside, a man and a woman.  I could see them bobbing their heads along to a song they were both familiar with, looking up at each other with a smile. After a moment, the male-shadow threw his towel onto a nearby table, and scooped the woman-shadow up into his arms. They threw their heads back in laughter, dancing with each other in a clumsy waltz-like way. He dipped her so sweetly towards the ground, still laughing…and the stoplight turned green. I wished so badly that I had my camera by my side like I normally do. But, I also knew that moment wasn't meant to be shared, not even with me. I just happened to catch them in their sweet bubble, lucky to get a glimpse into such an innocent moment.


No comments :

Post a Comment