10/13/13

OCTOBER













 October is my absolute favorite time of the year. I celebrate the Halloween season starting right on the 1st, and go strong the way til' the end. Yesterday I went with my good friends Jeff and Izzy to the Sauvie Island Pumpkin Patch, right outside of Portland. We tailgated with some whiskey, took Jeff on his first Hay Ride, picked pumpkins from the field, drank pumpkin spice lattes, and ate some delicious ears of corn. Oh, Fall how you make me swoon.

My list of MUST DO Autumn activies:
Pumpkin Patch
Carve & paint pumpkins
Make home made hard apple cider
Make apple crumble pie
Eat lots of corn and squash
Collect leaves
Bundle up and go on a walk every chance you get
Drink pumpkin spice latte's in the crisp air
Sweaters+leggings=done
Watch Hocus Pocus, all Harry Potters, Casper, Halloween Town, Willy Wonka, Coraline, Matilda, Practical Magic...etcetc.
Go to a haunted house/corn maze
Bring a blanket to the river with a hot beverage and read
thigh high socks + boots
go apple picking
drink lots of pumpkin ales
eat lots of soup
soak up every bit of Autumn

No comments :

Post a Comment